Thursday 16 May 2013

Tales from my Grade Two Notebook

February 22, 1974

Checkers

I like the game checkers. I think it is very fun. I play checkers with my dad. I like the game checkers because it is a very fun game. (?? Seriously upping the word count with that last line) It takes a lot of thinking. You have to make the right move at the right time. Sometimes the wrong move changes the game completely! (Earth to Adrian Dix?) I don't care if I lose or win, because it's only a game. Anyone who doesn't have a game of checkers should get one!

Postscript: Note the subtle political overtones, still relevant today. Also, this marks the start of my life-long love of exclamation points - which still burns in me today. (!!!!!)


1 comment:

  1. And she was a GREAT checker player...

    ReplyDelete