Monday 7 April 2014

The Here and Now

Someone very wise reminded me yesterday of the importance of focusing on the here and now - not ever a strong suit of mine. My tendency and I suppose my "go-to" place has been projecting into the future to scenarios over which I have no control - or picking at things from my past that can never be taken away. I suppose in many ways it is because for some weeks now I have been feeling that there isn't a lot about where I am that I am anxious to embrace or even accept. I am simply not there right now - but I also know that there really is no alternative but to find some kind of acceptance for where I am - because fighting it has been clearly less than effective. I'm not exactly feeling enlightened about how I might accomplish that - I do try to focus on the things I am so grateful for - the ways in which so many suffer in ways I cannot even imagine. So for now all I can do is to try...a tall order....but one that I am trying hard to accept. (For the record - the words of wisdom came from the lovely Lisa Tees - a true kindred spirit and one who brings me great comfort!)

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog, it looks very nice, I'm happy to visit again to see your blog because it's very good indeed, thanks’ for all. projecting into the future to eventualities over which I have no control - or picking at matters from my beyond which can by no means be taken away. I suppose in lots of methods it's far because for some weeks now i have been feeling that there is not lots approximately in which i'm that i am disturbing to embody or maybe take delivery of. I'm working at Outdoor Advertising Services in Viskhapatnam certainly not there right now - but I also realize that there really isn't any opportunity but to discover some kind of popularity for where i am - because fighting it's been genuinely much less than effective.

    ReplyDelete